Javarisi Puttu used to prepare various breakfast and evening snacks like kheer, upma and vada. But it’s not possible for us to discuss all of them today, so
lets see how we can use javvarisi to make puttu, a sweet dish that you can have as a breakfast or as an evening snack which is a modern south Indian dish.
Javarisi Puttu will be the combination of sweet and sour. The sour taste will be the result of Soaked Javarisi.
|Ideal For||Preparation Time|
|Snacks, Sweet Dish, etc…||1 – 1:15 Hrs|
Ingredients: (For Two People)
- Javarisi – 100 grams
- Rice flour – 25 grams
- Coconut – 1/2 no
- Salt – 1/4 tablespoon
- Elachi – 4 nos
- Sugar – 50 grams
- Ghee, Gingelly Oil – As per your taste
- Soak Javarisi in hot water for 30 to 45 mins
- Fry Rice flour for 5 to 7 mins
- Filter the water completely from Soaked Javarisi and add Rise Flour, Salt with it
- Take a bowl and add some ghee in that bowl and put the Javarisi mixture in that bowl.
- Boil that bowl in the Idly maker for 20 to 25 mins
- Add Elachi, Sugar, Gingelly oil and Coconut with that and serve Happily