Chettinad baby potato fry is a modern south Indian dish. It has got its name “Chettinad” from a small region of Tamil Nadu.where the cuisine is famous for its freshly ground spicy spice mixes. So the Chettinad baby potato fry will be in Chettinad style. It will be more hot and spicy in taste. It is a good side dish option for dal related gravies like sambar.
|Ideal For||Preparation Time|
|Lunch, Side dish||45 mins|
Ingredients: (For Two People)
- Baby Potato – 10 to 15 Nos
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 No (Medium Size)
- Urud dal – 2 Table Spoon
- Bengal Gram – 2 Table Spoon
- Red Chilly – 4 Nos
- Pepper – 1 Table Spoon
- Oil, Musterd, Curry leaves – For Tempering
- Asafoetida – 1/2 Tea spoon
- Salt – As per taste
- Remove skin from baby potatoes and put those potatoes in a cooker to boil them for 2 whistles.
- Take a pan and put Bengal Gram, Urud dal, Red Chilly, Pepper. Roast these ingredients until it turns golden brown in color.
- Put those roasted ingredients in a grinder and grind it well.
- Take a pan, Put oil, Mustard, Curry leaves, Asafoetida, Finely chopped onion and fry 5 – 7 mins.
- Add those boiled potatoes in that pan and fry them for around 5 mins.
- Add the prepared grined mix, salt in that pan and fry them for around 2 mins.
- Tasty Chettinad baby potato fry is ready to serve.